The Utica Cutlery Company was founded in 1910 by a group of prominent Utica businessmen. It was felt that a metal working industry would create employment and bring economic balance to the area. The primary industry in Utica at the time was textile manufacturing.
The original location for the company was 820 Noyes Street. Through the years, several major additions were made to the building, but the address remains the same. The current size of the factory and office is approximately 100,000 square feet.
The company has continuously manufactured pocket knives since 1910. In 1918, fixed blade kitchen cutlery was added. During World War II, the company manufactured bayonets and carbine parts and earned UTICA the coveted Army-Navy E., as well as a number of other awards